PolymersPolymers are today used for a wide range of applications, for example in coatings, in packages, in adhesives and in polymeric composites.
Our areas of the surface modification activities:
- Activation of web materials by atmospheric pressure plasma treatments
- Preparation of superhydrophobic surfaces
- Preparation of durable, hydrophilic polymer surfaces
- Functionalisation of polymer surfaces
- Plasma-deposited barrier coatings
- Cleaning and activation of polymeric materials for improved adhesion
- Surface modification of fabrics
We are also one of the partners in an EU-project that started at the end of 2008. The aim of the project is to develop a novel polymer processing technology to foam engineering grade thermoplastics. Our role is to provide expertise in surface chemistry, gas diffusion and permeation in thermoplastic solids for granule treatment and gas dissolution in thermoplastic melt streams.